Re: [AD] X11 keyboard driver missing key up events

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> xev does show the same behaviour. Here's a rather long sequence where
> the only keys I typed were space, left, and right arrows:

> KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x4c00001,
>    root 0x127, subw 0x0, time 2037506, (274,337), root:(276,448),
>    state 0x0, keycode 114 (keysym 0xff53, Right), same_screen YES,
>    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>    XFilterEvent returns: False

> KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x4c00001,
>    root 0x127, subw 0x0, time 2038635, (274,337), root:(276,448),
>    state 0x0, keycode 110 (keysym 0xff50, Home), same_screen YES,
>    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>    XFilterEvent returns: False

That looks like every single program will see a Home key press there
then - there's no way to work around that. My guess is holding the
space key down makes the keyboard or the kernel or something think
that some special key is pressed which makes the Right key appear as
home. I think my netbook has a key like that... it does nothing on its
own but pressing it together with other keys changes them. Not sure
how the space key can trigger that, but the problem might be in the
X11 input driver. Maybe need a special driver for this keyboard.