Re: [AD] [A4.4.1.1SVN] 3 Patch Submissions

Peter Wang wrote:
On 2011-03-13, Edgar <edgarreynaldo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Over the last week or two, I've had a couple problems building
Allegro 4.4.1.1. Here are the 3 patches that fix the problems I was
having.

1) CMakeLists.txt.diff, applies to allegro/CMakeLists.txt. Fixes a
problem on Windows with MinGW where the allegro library build was
not being linked with '-pg'.

This looks like a hack.  I would prefer to understand why it is needed.

If the profiling allegro library is not linked with '-pg' then it fails with many undefined references to 'mcount'. I just used the variable ALLEGRO_LINK_FLAGS since it was already being used in the LINK_FLAGS property of the allegro target. If you have a better way to do it, I'm all ears.
2) FileList.cmake.diff, applies to allegro/cmake/FileList.cmake.
Fixes a problem where not all platforms built and linked with
allegro/src/misc/colconv.c.

3)loadpng.c.diff, applies to allegro/addons/loadpng/loadpng.c. Fixes
the problem of loadpng.c not including zlib.h. (latest version of
png.h no longer includes zlib.h).

These were committed a couple of days ago.  Thanks.

I'm not sure why zlib.h needs to be included though, but it doesn't
really matter.

Peter
Thanks for letting me know. If zlib.h is not included then there are errors because of undeclared symbols from zlib.h. loadpng.c only includes png.h, and as I said, the latest version (1.5.1) of libpng's png.h no longer includes zlib.h.