Re: [AD] 5.0.0 final release plan

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-01-04, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hmm. I'm not sure how to handle that. for EXENAME we shouldn't probably
>> resolve any symlink, but for BUNDLED_DATA, probably should. That would be the
>> only way to get at the actual data dir.
>
> Actually, you're right.  Chasing the symlink for BUNDLED_DATA would be
> least surprising.

Yeah, I think so. BUNDLED_DATA would basically be known to be
"magical" unlike the other paths. It only serves one purpose: to find
the read-only data files that are bundled relative to the exe. With
proper documentation, I think it shouldn't be surprising.

If somebody separates the actual exe from the data (not counting well
formed OS X bundles), then they would be responsible for locating that
path using their own methods.

--
Matthew Leverton