[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3159045 ] Screen fails to refresh in Haiku

Bugs item #3159045, was opened at 2011-01-16 10:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tjaden
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3159045&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: BeOS
Group: 4.4

Initial Comment:
The screen fails to refresh when running an Allegro application on the Haiku operating system.

The application starts, the application window appears, and the screen is drawn once and then appears to be frozen. The application does not actually freeze, but instead simply isn't being drawn to the screen. If I click on the application title bar and drag the window around the screen, then the screen will begin to refresh correctly. When I release the title bar, the application appears to once again freeze.

Even though the screen is not being refreshed, all other logic runs correctly, including keyboard input. I can confirm this because I can see it working when I move the window around the screen with the mouse.

I see this behavior with every Allegro application that I run in Haiku, which includes two of the video games I wrote and several of the Allegro demos.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thank you.

Operating system: Haiku nightly build 40211 (2011-01-12)
Video card: Radeon X850

Date: 2011-01-17 22:01

Message:
You'll probably have better luck reporting this on a Haiku forum/mailing
list. No Allegro developers use Haiku, as far as I know. We just merged the
changes that we got.