Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3152695 ] text rending is broken with OpenGL

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 23:49 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> > +/* Some low-end drivers enable automatic S3TC compression, which
> > + * requires glTexSubImage2D to only work on multiples of aligned
> > + * 4x4 pixel blocks with some buggy OpenGL drivers.
> > + * There's not much we can do about that in general - if the user
> > + * locks a portion of a bitmap not conformin to this it will fail
> > + * with such a driver.
>
> Might we not be able to compensate for it, by locking a region which
> might be larger than requested?  Not that it's important to do right now.

Not with write-only locking as we have no data to fill the border around
the locked area with.

Using FBO instead of glTexSubImage2D also is not an option, since at
least one of the affected systems has no FBO support at all. (In fact, I
wouldn't be surprised if there was a correlation between OpenGL drivers
showing this bug and drivers with no FBO support...)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>