Re: [AD] multi display regression on X

On November 25, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-11-20, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Seems sometime between .21 and 5.0 branch (possibly .22 and rc1)
> > something has broken using multiple displays via a single thread.
> >
> > As seen from ex_multiwin
> >
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program:
> > /home/moose/projects/allegro-5.0/build/examples/ex_multiwin [Thread
> > debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> > [New Thread 0x7fffefa78710 (LWP 9705)]
> > ex_multiwin:
> > /home/moose/projects/allegro-5.0/src/opengl/extensions.c:589:
> > fill_in_info_struct: Assertion `renderer' failed.
>
> Seems like for some reason your driver is returning NULL for
> glGetString(GL_RENDERER);
> We can work around that easily but if there is a more serious issue
> then we should try to solve that.

I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest. The first display returns a
valid RENDERER string, but the second one doesn't seem to. Does allegro do
anything special that would make gl flip out? Maybe it isn't liking how it
might be separate contexts? Maybe we don't have the context setup properly at
that point? I don't know, I'm a gl n00b.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx