Re: [AD] al_get_opengl_version design flaw?

On November 28, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> Quick, what does this program print:
>
>     #include <stdio.h>
>     int main(void)
>     {
> 	float x = 1.4;
> 	printf("%d\n", (x>=1.4));
> 	return 0;
>     }
>
> Is it worth doing something about al_get_opengl_version?
> I have added a warning to the documentation for now.

I have this little helper in my little pet Canva5 lib:

inline bool nearlyEqual(double a, double b, double epsilon = 0.00001)
{
   double absA = fabs(a);
   double absB = fabs(b);
   double diff = fabs(a - b);

   if (a * b == 0) { // a or b or both are zero
      // relative error is not meaningful here
      return diff < (epsilon * epsilon);
   } else { // use relative error
      return diff / (absA + absB) < epsilon;
   }