Re: [AD] al_get_opengl_version design flaw?

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quick, what does this program print:

   #include <stdio.h>
   int main(void)
   {
       float x = 1.4;
       printf("%d\n", (x>=1.4));
       return 0;
   }

Is it worth doing something about al_get_opengl_version?
I have added a warning to the documentation for now.

I never liked using a float. I mean, if the OpenGL version is 1.2.3, then it's 1.2.3 and not 1.23. So my vote is to change this and return the version in the same format as the Allegro version itself. That's likely also what someone would expect from the API - whenever a version is returned it should be in the same format.