Re: [AD] windows resizing regression

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, suggestion: take a deep breath and count to 10.

I guess it's just frustrating how many small details need fixing, especially for the Windows port, for the 5.0 release. I sometimes think we can never get it done when I look at all the open bugs and all the things not even in the bug tracker coming up all the time.

Anyway, since I'm blamed for all the al_resize_display changes in the quotes in this thread... I think I changed my mind about how I wanted it to work, or just never had a strong preference either way. Getting ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_RESIZE events in response to al_resize_display can be nice since you could handle all resizes in your event handler, whether it's a user-initiated or program-initiated resize. At the same time there's no need to require an al_acknowledge_resize after al_resize_display. As far as I understand the behavior right now is:

X11: al_resize_display resizes immediately, but also sends the event (and calling al_acknowledge_resize does no harm)
OSX: same but no event is sent
Windows: event is sent and resize only happens after al_acknowledge_resize

Just inferring this all from the thread, I have no idea how it actually works. But we definitely should make them all behave the same way and document the behavior.