Re: [AD] transforms and held drawing

On 11/21/2010 11:52 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On November 21, 2010, Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 19:24 -0700, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On November 20, 2010, Pavel Sountsov wrote:
It's expected (and documented, perhaps poorly). Changing state while
holding drawing is unsupported with some minor exceptions (blending
color). As for whether it is desired or not? I don't know.

Incidentally... since there is no blending color anymore, no state
changes at all are supported during bitmap holding... I should update
the documentation...

Elias seemed to hint that code was added to support transforms and
primitives. That is, it'd merge the current transform with the held
operation when it was added to the op list.

If that isn't done, can it? Should it? I'm not sure.

I guess I was wrong though, things like al_draw_filled_rectangle never
were intended to be supported by the held drawing.

I suppose if theres no way to draw some verticies textured, and some not, with
the same glDrawArrays type call. Otherwise it aught to be possible. And could
save a few gl calls.

Pretty much impossible (without shaders, at least).

I mean, you can add a primitives addon-only function like that (it'd have to be like that in any case, since it is, after all, still an addon). There will also need to be many changes to how the primitives are drawn however, since deferred drawing only works if triangle lists are used. Many of the current primitives are drawn as triangle strips and fans for efficiency...

-SiegeLord