Re: [AD] 4.9.22

On 22 Sep 2010, at 21:20 , Trent Gamblin wrote:
> The mac port is ok besides the joystick code.

I can confirm everything is fine here as well. I can check how things are on my 10.4 iBook, just so we know whether we broke anything there and whether the endianness stuff is all still working (not so important right now, I guess, but it may be relevant again some day).

> I haven't commited the hot plug driver because I don't have time (or an osx 10.4 box) to make it compatible with 10.4 machines.

I have a 10.4 laptop, but it sits in my office, so I don't tend to use it for Allegro stuff these days (in fact I mainly use it as a wireless router) and I won't be able to test joystick code on it.

> It really should go into 5.0 and I'd like it to be included in 4.9.22 but I don't forsee myself working on 10.4 support in the near future.

It should be fine to do an #if MACOS_X_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET < 1050 (or whatever the name is for that define; we use it in a few places) and then use the current code, which works. Can even just #include it to keep the source file from geting too cluttered.
It won't have hot-plug support if we're targeting OS X < 10.4, which I can personally live with (I can personally live without hotplug support anyway; it's more a nice-to-have thing than something essential for me). There are other features we support that don't work on 10.4.
It's possible to do a similar check at runtime, and I can help out with that once we have the code in svn with the above restriction (no promises as to when though, my dayly schedule is determined by a three-week old).

Evert