Re: [AD] ex_joystick_hotplugging.c

On 28 Aug 2010, at 14:26 , Trent Gamblin wrote:
> If anybody wants to do this, by all means. If I do it, I'm going to use
> the new APIs because the current API we use is deprecated.

Really? It doesn't generate a warning that I've seen (although there are lots of dubious casts in there that do generate warning sin 64 bit mode).

> I started
> giving it a shot but got swamped by the documentation.

I know the feeling.

> I'll give it
> another try if nobody else does it first, but I don't know when.

I say go for it. I certainly won't be doing it for the forseable future; perhaps someone else is really eager though.
One question I would have though, before spending a lot of time on this and pushing back 5.0 release: how badly broken is it that we don't support hot-plugging of joysticks on OS X at the moment? Personally I see it as a feature that is nice to have, but that I could personally live without. So based on that, my question is if we could distribute 5.0 without this feature supported on OS X, and then bring it in in 5.0.1 a month or two (say) afterwards?
That way we get 5.0 out of the way and can focus on 5.1 and more people can/will get comfortable with the new API.

Evert