[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3014299 ] need al_open_fs_entry function

Bugs item #3014299, was opened at 2010-06-10 20:59
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tjaden
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3014299&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Core Library
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
ALLEGRO_FILE *al_open_fs_entry(ALLEGRO_FS_ENTRY *fs_entry, char const *mode);

That way you could keep ALLEGRO_FS_ENTRYs from different file interfaces around and could then still open them later. It also means we could open files under Linux with non-utf8-representable names (which unfortunately exist).

It's very awkward dealing with the first and impossible dealing with the second issue right now as far as I understand the API, so I consider it a bug.