Re: [AD] Hotplug joysticks

On 2010-08-18, at 5:18 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> I would prefer a dedicated joystick subsystem event source.  Actually,
> we don't *need* a separate joystick event source per joystick, so maybe
> we should use a single joystick event source for all joysticks.
> In fact, the user doesn't need to see ALLEGRO_JOYSTICK objects at all:
> just use the joystick number.  In many ways this would be more convenient.

Well that was one of the options. I can make those changes in the coming
couple of days, hopefully.

> How about adding al_reinstall_joystick(), or al_reconfigure_joysticks()?
> It would then be obvious that from that point, al_get_num_joysticks may
> change, all old joystick structures become invalid (if that's what we
> want), and they need to be reregistered (unless we switch to a single
> joystick event source).

This was also discussed. We never really came to agreement on IRC,
so I just went and picked a way to do it. I can see that this is a better
option now though... I'll try to make these changes as soon as I can.