Re: [AD] CMake: enabling multiple configurations within a single MSVC solution file

Peter Wang wrote:
On 2010-07-12, John Murphy <wonsungi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm looking for the motivation behind commit r11836, added to "restrict
MSVC's configuration types to the selected build type:"
set(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES "${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}" CACHE INTERNAL
"internal"

That should be r11386.  Milan might remember something.

I don't think that's needed any more.
Back in 2008, we didn't use CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to select a configuration. Instead, we had our own variables and created a separate project (inside a single solution, workspace) for each configuration. MSVC's configuration types were unused.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net