Re: [AD] About colors

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 2010-06-14, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, June 14, 2010 4:49 pm, Peter Wang said:
> > > No, it also makes perfect sense if you think of a pixel as a
1x1 square.
> > > To fill the square you need to start drawing from (x1,y1) and
keep
> > > drawing right up to the other corner of the pixel at (x1+1,
y1+1).

> > > I believe this way of thinking extends to 3D more naturally.
> >
> > Well regardless of which way seems best (and there is not
agreement
> > on that it seems), using width and height instead of end
parameters
> > removes all guessing.
>

> Though (x2,y2) coordinates are consistent with al_draw_line,
> al_draw_triangle, al_draw_prim, etc.

Yes, it's a minor issue, but I think it makes sense for al_draw_rect
using the same coordinates as al_draw_line - so no need to change it. I'd even prefer al_draw_ellipse to use the bounding box coordinates but it can be argued that it should behave like al_draw_circle.

By the 'same coordinates' do you also mean same sense of exclusivity? I want to try to make both coordinates of al_draw_line to be inclusive (like in A4). Does this mean you now support the bottom right rectangle coordinates to be inclusive also?

-SiegeLord