[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2824299 ] null system driver

Bugs item #2824299, was opened at 2009-07-20 08:32
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by trentg
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2824299&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
We should have something like SYSTEM_NONE.

Date: 2010-06-19 18:13

Message:
Couldn't the X code in xglx_initialize be deferred until a display is
created or some other things needs X (installing input device for example)?

Comment By: Peter Wang (tjaden)
Date: 2010-06-19 17:30

Message:
It solves part of the problem, but on Unix we will still make a connection
to the X server, so command line tools still won't work without X.

Comment By: Trent Gamblin (trentg)
Date: 2010-06-19 16:19

Message:
Before any displays are created, a dummy one is created and set to be the
current display. From my simple test this allows command line tools that
don't need displays. If displays are later created, then all of them are
destroyed, the dummy driver is set as current again.