Re: [AD] moving al_load_bitmap to core

On 12 Apr 2010, at 20:59 , Peter Wang wrote:
> The discussion in Matthew's acodec proposal thread got me thinking. I
> think there is a strong case to be made for moving the al_load_bitmap
> registration framework to the core, and analogously leaving
> al_load_sample (et al.) in allegro_audio.

Ok.
I think this is a very clear and clean separation: the framework for loading an image is core functionality, the code for specific image formats is addon material. The relation between sound files and allegro_audio is similar to the relation between image files and Allegro core (allegro_audio can actually do something with the loaded sound files, just as Allegro core can actually draw the bitmaps), so that also makes sense.

So, seems good to me.

Evert
--
Evert Glebbeek