Re: [AD] support for toggling fullscreen

On 5 Feb 2010, at 11:13 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> The implementation for Linux is already done and I can probably do it
> for OSX if nobody else wants to. Windows could just ignore it for now
> and not allow toggling until someone figures out how to code it.

In principle I'm fine with looking into the OS X port for something like this (although if you want to do the work instead, go ahead), but I don't think it's easy.
Quite why fullscreen modes work so differently in the OS X port than windowed modes I don't know (or don't remember if I did know at some point). I just did a quick test to see if it's possible to switch a context that was created for a windowed mode program to full screen and it didn't work.
What could probably be done is to create a new fullscreen context for the window (shared), then destroy the old context and the window, switch the display (if needed) and finish off as in the normal fullscreen setup.

Evert