[AD] [ alleg-Feature Requests-2592868 ] Where is allegro music? And allegro_message?

Feature Requests item #2592868, was opened at 2009-02-12 12:27
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=355665&aid=2592868&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello.

Allegro 4 supports sounds and midi music. And there is an addon for mp3! That rocks!
Allegro 5 is suporting sounds now, waves, etc...
After searching a while, I saw that allegro 5 does not support music!!! Midis or mp3 or anything! What is a game without music? Tibia?

Some guys told me to found some other lib to make that, but I would like allegro to do that :)

Another thing is adding the allegro 4 'allegro_error' macro and 'allegro_message' function to allegro 5! How am I supposed to tell the player that a image file is missing? Or something with his sound system is wrong?

That is 2 suggestions that would fit very well in allegro 5 :)
Thank you!

Date: 2010-02-19 09:26

Message:
Closing it. We do have something like allegro_message now, e.g. all the
examples will pop up dialogs for error messages now. (And as for MP3 and
MIDI format if someone makes an addon we'd support them in addition to OGG
and FLAC of course.)

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2009-03-07 14:39

Message:
I'd also say, MP3 and MIDI are both kinda stupid formats. Of course nothing
speaks against a third party addon supporting them - it should be quite
simple making a libmpeg or timidity wrapper. But music really should use
OGG which we already support.

As for allegro_message, it would be trivial adding that to the native
dialog addon.

Comment By: Thomas Fjellstrom (strangemoose)
Date: 2009-02-12 21:23

Message:
Allegro5 supports ogg music just fine. As for allegro_error, theres
al_get_errno which gives you libc errno style error codes.