[no subject]

I wonder how well that approach would work under X11 and Windows. Maybe
we should encourage it over modifying the display itself? (I still would
like a way to toggle the fullscreen property of X11 windows since it
just works so nicely here...)

> > I wouldn't mind having additional extra functions though, they could
> > simply call al_toggle_display_flag.
>
> I guess they should do either that, or call a platform-specific
> function in case it's not as simple as toggling a flag. Yes, the
> toggle_display_flag() could take care of that internally when more
> work is needed but I think that's a bit messy.

Extra functions all would have awkward names though..

al_display_span_whole_screen(bool yesno)
al_make_display_fill_desktop(bool yesno)
al_resize_display_to_fullscreen(bool yesno)
al_set_display_fake_fullscreen(bool yesno)

And al_toggle_display_flag() already calls internal functions for
changing the frame (in the X11/XGL/D3D implementations all they do for
now is call the vtable entry of the removed al_toggle_window_frame). I
don't think that's messy.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>