[no subject]

>Comment By: Peter Wang (tjaden)
Date: 2010-01-25 15:36

Message:
No, you can't link directly to a DLL. CMake probably actually links against
the .lib file in the same directory.

I'm sort of hoping that if a .lib file is actually an import library,
there will be a .dll file close by, which is found by CMake and listed as
the FLAC_LIBRARY. I don't know if that will be reliable though.

Comment By: Trent Gamblin (trentg)
Date: 2010-01-25 11:53

Message:
I wasn't aware that you could link directly to DLLs so that strikes me as
odd... but I can't seem to coerce flac to build a dll at all using MSYS so
I can't verify.

Comment By: Peter Wang (tjaden)
Date: 2010-01-25 10:58

Message:
Can we guess based on the FLAC_LIBRARY variable? e.g. this is the value I
get with the MinGW cross compiler on Linux.

FLAC_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/cross-tools/lib/libFLAC.dll

I'm not in Windows right now.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2010-01-25 08:13

Message:
We can always add a cmake option for now. Something like FLAC_NO_DLL which
is set to false by default. If it is switched on then FLAC__NO_DLL is set
while compiling.

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2938868&group_id=5665