Re: [AD] PulseAudio on Ubuntu

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 02:35 -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On Mon October 12 2009, Chris Robinson wrote:
> > On Monday 12 October 2009 10:50:58 am Matthew Leverton wrote:
> > > The PulseAudio code breaks whatever version of Ubuntu I have since
> > > it's using an older API. It's the auto-detection of an available
> > > server that causes it to break:
> > >
> > > pulseaudio.c:49: error: âpa_sink_state_tâ undeclared (first use in
> > > this function)
> >
> > FWIW, you can pass the PA_CONTEXT_NOAUTOSPAWN flag to pa_context_connect so
> > that it will fail if a server isn't running. If that's what you need it
> >  for, the flag may be a more compatible option.
>
> IIRC Elias mentioned that doesn't work. or has "issues". I can't remember the
> details, I'm sure he could remind us.

Well, if you look at the code - that flag already is used. pa_sink_state
is used to detect when a server is running and we can connected to it,
but it is suspended for the current app.

However, when I last tested it pasuspender was broken here so this part
of the code is completely untested - not much lost if it is removed
unconditionally.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>