Re: [AD] Strange palettes under Windows 7 RTM

Update: I have pretty much confirmed it is an issue with Windows 7:

The Win7 taskbar/explorer.exe interferes with many 8-bit color programs (like older DOS games).
I confirmed this work-around works for exflame.exe: kill explorer.exe.
More info: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-games/1466-games-8-bit-color-modes-palette-issues.html
So is there anything the Allegro library can do to ensure the palette changes correctly in Windows 7?

Also, the issue with palette problems in my asteroids program may be a completely separate issue (loading 8-bit graphics into a different bit depth, perhaps...) It actually works in windowed mode at 8-bits. I think in previous versions of Allegro/Vista instead of presenting weird colors, Allegro calculated the correct colors (at a severe performance cost...)

John