Re: [AD] rename some libraries

On 2009-08-10, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 09:36 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> > On 2009-08-09, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > The last two somehow fall out of place. Trent suggested this:
> > >
> > > liballegro -> liba5_core
> > > libkcm_audio -> liba5_audio
> > > liba5_iio -> liba5_image
> >
> > a5 is a bit obscure for anyone not involved regularly with Allegro.
> > I think we should keep at least "liballegro", or maybe liballegro5.
> >

> What about replacing all occurences of "a5" with "allegro" then? So
> liballegro_audio, liballegro_core and so on.

And the headers?

    #include <allegro5/allegro.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_audio.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_color.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_flac.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_font.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_image.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_native_dialog.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_ttf.h>
    #include <allegro5/allegro_vorbis.h>

I almost suggested removing the allegro_ prefix but I don't think
<allegro5/flac.h>, <allegro5/windows.h> etc. are a good idea.

I would leave liballegro_core as liballegro myself.

Peter