Re: [AD] is_wgl_extension_supported

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Milan Mimica<milan.mimica@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Of course then the OpenGL mode couldn't be set, but that was better
>> then a crash...
>
> That's not the point where it would give up setting OpenGL mode, so keep looking.

I didn't mean to imply that it was. I just meant that previously
al_create_display() would crash instead of returning false. The
machine in question did not have OpenGL 1.2 installed, so I wasn't
expecting it to work. I just didn't want it to crash.

The same thing happened on my fresh install of Windows 7 on my laptop
(Intel GMA 945 chipset). Without the null pointer check, it crashes.
With it, al_create_display() fails gracefully and allegro.log reports
that OpenGL 1.2 is required. Upon installing Intel's drivers, it works
regardless.

--
Matthew Leverton