Re: [AD] void* conversion errors in kcm_audio/openal.c

On 8 Jul 2009, at 15:25 , Kibiz0r wrote:
Using MSVC 9.0:

Error 1 error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'ALLEGRO_AL_DATA *' c:\AllegroNet\Allegro\allegro\addons\kcm_audio \openal.c 254 kcm_audio
<snip>
Error 10 error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'ALLEGRO_AL_DATA *' c:\AllegroNet\Allegro\allegro\addons\kcm_audio \openal.c 632 kcm_audio

I added the casts (attached) but that gave me a linker error that I can't figure out.

Are you compiling that file as a C or a C++ file?
It shouldn't need the casts if it's compiled as C code (in fact, it argualy *shouldn't* have the casts).

_al_voice_update is clearly defined in kcm_voice.c. dsound.cpp references it as well, and resolved without a problem. Changing the definition of _al_voice_update to _al_voice_update2 makes dsound.obj fail in a different way than openal.obj:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __al_voice_update referenced in function __dsound_update dsound.obj kcm_audio

Any ideas?

Again, check if you're actually compiling that file as a C file, not a C++ file. It seems to me that both problems may be caused by incorrectly compiling it as C++... I don't know for sure though.

Evert