Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[12120] allegro/branches/4.9/addons/iio/png.c

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 14:48 +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> I wouldn't be sure in the 24-bit case, but for the 32-bit case you're right.
> Probably. Maybe we should add one additional endian-safe bitmap formats, like
> OpenGL? Something like:
>
> ALLEGRO_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGBA_8888_LE
>
> And it would make sure that in memory, the pixels are laid out as first red,
> then green, then blue, then alpha? It certainly would be less error-prone to use
> when doing lots of direct-access pixel manipulation. And it also would emphasize
> the endianness of (most of) the other formants.

Just changed it that way in SVN - it should all be endian-correct now.
I'm not sure there's much of a reason to use it in png.c though... it
saves lots of function calls to al_put_pixel - but in an optimized build
those likely get inlined...

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>