[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2718557 ] glBlendFuncSeparate

Bugs item #2718557, was opened at 2009-03-28 09:37
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2718557&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
>Category: Addons
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
glBlendFuncSeparate is used in the core lib and addons but it's not supported by OpenGL <1.4.
Require OpenGL 1.4? This will disqualify many low-end GFX cards.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2009-03-28 14:39

Message:
As of revision 11997 glBlendFuncSeparate is not used of the OpenGL version
is < 1.4 - instead we fall back to software rendering for separated alpha
blending. The D3D driver already worked like this before.

The primitives addon still needs to be fixed (for both D3D and GL).

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2009-03-28 13:09

Message:
Of course not - it either would not work for them, or we fall back to
software rendering. Same as with the D3D driver. In fact, I don't see a
reason to not support OpenGL 1.1 (or even 1.0) drivers.