Re: [AD] configurable logging

Milan Mimica wrote:
Elias Pschernig wrote:
And finally whether to prepend log messages with file:linenumber, just because I like to find things faster - but off by default.

I especially like this. Adding a function name would make it even more easy to read.

With gcc, very easy to do as it has __FUNCTION__. C99 only defines __FILE__ and __LINE__ though, so I suspect MSVC won't have __FUNCTION__.

The use inside the source code would not change much from how it is currently, except the somewhat cumbersome PREFIX_* definitions would not exist any longer. At the beginning of each source file, we would instead have something like:

Do you have an implementation already?

I have some proof-of-concept code inspired by Wine, yes. The hard part will be changing all TRACE(PREFIX_W to ALLEGRO_WARN and filling in the debug channels though.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>