Re: [AD] al_get_display_format

Trent Gamblin wrote:
In some cases it will return ALLEGRO_PIXEL_FORMAT_ANY which isn't very useful.

When is that?

I think under drivers that support it it should return
whatever format the driver chose upon display creation.

Right. And I see no reason to not support it by all drivers.

In the case of Direct3D it does more then just call "deduce" when choosing a format.

Use _al_set_color_components() to set ALLEGRO_DISPLAY::extra_settings to the format that was chosen.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net