Re: [AD] floating point bitmaps

On Mon, March 9, 2009 6:47 pm, Elias Pschernig said:
> The advantage would be that we could then easily add
> support for all the formats common to OpenGL and DirectX, without having
> to write software converters for all the N^2 possible conversions.

A possibility also that has been suggested before is have one
Standard Format (I guess it would probably have to be 128 bit float?)
that everything can get converted to and from. This would cause
a small speed decrease in the converters but would reduce code size
and complexity and make it much easier to add new formats, and also
we then wouldn't restrict users from not using locking.

Trent :{)>