Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[11937] allegro/branches/4.9/allegro.cfg

Milan Mimica wrote:

No. WGL does not use extension mechanism at that phase because it hasn't been initialized yet, so disabling an extension won't have any affect. Using "old" makes use of DescribePixelFormat(), while using "new" makes use of wglGetPixelFormatAttribivARB() provided by WGL_ARB_pixel_format extension. The two functions do the same, but are a bit different and WGL_ARB_pixel_format let's you extract some more info, similar to XVisual/FBoonfig story.

The documentation in allegro.cfg should not just make sense to us, but also to users - and for them saying that something is "new" or "old" is meaningless.

This feature is not really intended to for users. It's mainly for testing purposes. We probably shouldn't even list in allegro.cfg when A5 is out, or mark it as strictly advanced. The "new" way wasn't working on WINE, I don't know if that's still the case.

Thanks, I updated it (along with a FIXME to remove it before A5 is out).

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>