Re: [AD] Memory Bitmap to Display blit slow?

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 17:45 -0700, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On Sat February 28 2009, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> > On Sat, February 28, 2009 4:51 pm, Thomas Fjellstrom said:
> > > Except turning the blending off doesn't help speed much. All thats left
> > > is the conversion functions that you worked quite a bit on months ago.
> >
> > Well try ex_membmp, blending is already off. Add two lines, one to set the
> > display format (to, say, XRGB_8888) and the memory bitmap format to the
> > same. For me I get 40 fps out of it, which isn't a huge amount but much
> > better than 4.
>
> moose@xxxxxxxxxx$ ./ex_membmp
> Assert failed at line 215 of
> /home/moose/.projects/allegro.git/src/display_new.c
> Aborted

The display format XRGB_8888 is advertised as RGB_888 by X11 - any X*
formats will always fail. It's what I tried to say in that other thread
- basically our current al_set_display_format() function makes no sense
to use in a cross-platform manner (so for Allegro programs, it never
makes sense). The result from that other thread was to make a function
to enumerate the possible formats - I'll put it as a TODO on SF now.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>