[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2380931 ] Deprecation warnings (OS X)

Bugs item #2380931, was opened at 2008-12-03 03:39
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eglebbk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2380931&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Mac OSX
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
When compiling src/macosx/main.m and src/macosx/hidman.m, a warning similar to this one is generated:

warning: ‘lossyCString’ is deprecated (declared at /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSString.h:346)

This is apparently deprecated from 10.4 onward. At the moment, Allegro supports 10.3+. There are two alternatives listed on http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSString_Class/DeprecationAppendix/AppendixADeprecatedAPI.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSString/lossyCString:
cStringUsingEncoding (10.4+)
dataUsingEncoding:allowLossyConversion (10.0+)
The former seems easier to work with, but we'd then need to keep the call to lossyCString for 10.3.