Re: [AD] Examples, current SVN

On 14 Mar 2009, at 11:05 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
It is intended, but the example probably should be changed.

Or clarified. ;)

ex_membmp - the memory bitmap doesn't show up, all I see is a diagonal
line textured with the bitmap it's supposed to show.

It works here in Linux, but it's running only at about 1% of the speed
of the accelerated version.

That's what it used to do in OS X as well, in other words, the breakage occurred somewhat recently.
Any ideas where I should start looking?

The 4 boxes horizontally/vertically are drawn on fractional pixel
positions:

0.00 0.25 0.50 0.75

Without super-sampling, the rasterizer has to make a choice which pixels
to "light" - and as it seems, some HW makes odd choices. As does our
current software rasterization. If you edit the generated ex_draw.cfg,
you can enable super-sampling (change samples=0 to samples=4) to see how
OpenGL uses this.

I figured it had something to do with rounding issues. I'll play with the multi-sampling and see how that affects things.

Yeah, we compared screenshots in IRC the other day, this is how it looks
here with my current NVidia's rasterizer:

It looks similar for me.

ex_expose - all I get now is a blank (white) window; this might be an
OS X problem.

Works here in X11.

Hrm...
It used to display the bitmap properly (but it never seemed to generate "expose" events). I'll look into this as well.

Evert