Re: [AD] al_get_num_display_modes and al_get_display_mode

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 10:09 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:

> Yeah that sounds good except maybe there should be a distinction between
> supported pixel formats for displays and those for bitmaps. As far as I can
> tell, D3D doesn't support any alpha components for the backbuffer. That
> could just be my video cards though, I've tested ati, intel and nvidia cards
> and they're all the same that way.

The functions would be for displays only. Maybe better names would be:

int al_get_num_display_formats()
al_get_display_format(int i, ALLEGRO_DISPLAY_FORMAT *format_info)
al_set_new_display_format(int i)

And maybe a better API would be:

int al_get_num_display_formats()
int al_get_display_format_option(int i, int option)
al_set_new_display_format(int i)

Where option could be any of the options passed to
al_set_new_display_option. That way we would not have to introduce a new
type at all. All the implementations (D3D, WGL, GLX, AGL) of course
internally would have to keep a list of supported display formats, so a
bit of implementation work.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>