Re: [AD] al_get_num_display_modes and al_get_display_mode

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
On 20 Mar 2009, at 13:28 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
I also added support for querying supported display formats - but it
will only work under GLX so far. Not a problem as it's a WIP release and
no examples use the functions yet.

Is there enough information to work out how to implement it for other platforms (OS X being what I'm thinking of)?

Yes, the functions are fully documented. Not sure how to implement them for OSX though. Basically, right now, the best thing you can do as user of A5 is to try creating a display, and if it fails, create another with different settings. You don't know why it failed though so this is a bit messy... creating new windows also is visible and takes some time, so it looks broken.

With the three new functions you can ask the system *first* to enumerate all possible modes ("X11 visuals" for GLX), then choose one of them. Very easy and clean to use.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>