Re: [AD] al_clear

On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:25 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
Yeah, but not very:

al_set_target_bitmap(bmp)
al_clear_screen()

It would be quite clear (to me) what it does.

I'd have to scratch my head at that; I don't find it that obvious.
Aside: do we actually call it "screen" anywhere else?

I'd say we shouldn't break the principle of having all drawing
operations always target the target bitmap. Adding exceptions to that
just makes the API as a whole harder to understand.

Ok, fine. But then we should also not give functions a suggestive name that that hides the fact that they're targetting the target bitmap. ;)

Evert