Re: [AD] utf16, file functions

On 18 Mar 2009, at 10:20 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
Using size_t is a bit annoying as you can't use "int" loop variables
without triggering a warning about comparing signed and unsigned - but
if we want to change that it should be throughout the API.

size_t is appropriate though.
Technically, it may be unsafe to use a plain int in a loop with the upper limit determined by a size_t variable, since there is no guarentee that an int can hold the proper range of values (or even an unsigned int). These are probably corner cases though. I think I would use an unsigned int if I wanted to silence the warning and use a size_t as the loop variable if I was really worried about the range.

Evert