Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[11393] allegro/branches/4.9

On 6-Jan-09, at 2:44 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
One question, does Mingw change its "int" size to match up with MSVCs in
64bit? FWIR, MSVC and GCC choose different defaults for 64bit.

As I recall, "int" is 32 bit on all 64 bit targets (it should really have been 64 bit to be consistent with the "native integer size"), but "long" is 64 bit on GCC/UNIX and 32 bit in MSVC (for the boring reason that int used to be 16 bit in Win16 and so long was used to mean "32 bit" in Win32, so all existing Windows code assumes long==32 bit). Not sure where that leaves MinGW, but I would expect it follows MSVC because of compatibility. There's probably a flag to change this.

Evert