Re: [AD] Build error:

On 2009-01-11, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11-Jan-09, at 2:31 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> > I put in code to automatically symlink/copy the data directory from
> > the
> > source directory to the build directory, if they are different.
> > I didn't know make clean would remove anything.  I'll see if anything
> > can be done about it.
>
> I didn't check, but it's possible that it simply deletes the wrong one
> when you run make clean.
> I do use the out-of-source build.

The problem is that I made a symlink to the source tree's data
directory.  make clean doesn't delete the symlink itself but deletes the
everything in the directory that the symlink points to. :-P

So we can either:

1. find some way to tell cmake not to delete the symlink or its contents
   on make clean
2. use a plain copy instead of symlink
3. make the symlink in a hidden way so cmake doesn't know about it
4. drop the feature

Peter