Re: [AD] using internals from addons

On 28-Nov-08, at 10:14 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
How do we feel about using Allegro internals in addons?  I think
kcm_audio objects should be automatically destroyed when
al_uninstall_audio() is called.  This implies reusing the code in
src/dtor.c, although we could make a copy.  We do use vector.c in
kcm_audio already.

I don't really see a problem with this, but we need to decide on some sort of "guide lines" that the addon should follow and maybe document these for addon writers (or tell them that just because we can doesn't mean they can).
Doesn't the kcm_audio plugin also define an event type?

Do we want al_uninstall_audio to be called when Allegro shuts down?
This implies calling _al_add_exit_func, _al_remove_exit_func which are
internal.

If the above is fine, then I guess this is fine too. Maybe even more so.

Evert