Re: [AD] Missing field in keyboard and mouse events

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 12:44 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:

> > Patach attached.
> >
> > Since I didn't want to mess with xwin.c, I also went ahead and tried to
> > work some more on getting rid of the old A4 system driver still running
> > in the background.
>
> I think it's time to start deleting the old code instead of commenting
> it out.

Indeed. But a lot of the code probably will still be needed, so I'd like
to do cleanup a bit later. Maybe after we also have a software-X11
driver in addition to the glx one, and they're both somewhat more
complete.

I'm also right now investigating some locking problems I get from X11
with that patch. Seems with the A4 background thread using its own X11
connection to do some of the setup, those were less likely to occur.
Using the A4 events thread model (poll for X11 events 1000 times a
second, protected by a lock, instad of just XNextEvent) makes them
disappear again, but I think there will be an easy solution without
reverting to that.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>