Re: [AD] Question about versions

On Sunday 24 August 2008, Colin Ward wrote:
> On 23/08/2008, you wrote:
>

> [Snip]

> >> Because it's not finished yet.  :-)
> >>
> >> But as soon as it is, I'll put the source in Subversion (I believe I
> >> even have an account that someone gave me a good year ago) for
> >> everyone's enjoyment.  The binaries can also go on the official
> >> Allegro release page, assuming you'll have 'em.  :-)
> >
> > Code dumps like this are rather evil, we MUCH prefer you make regular
> > commits. This way not only can you get input from the rest of us, you
> > might get more people testing it, or asking to help.
>
> I didn't really think of that, as I have a bunch of beta tests and another
> person who is busy porting every game he can get his hands on to the Amiga.
>  So in terms of people to do "QA" it's all covered.  I could put it in
> Subversion but I doubt there are any other Amiga users (especially Amiga
> OS4 users) on this list...

The Actual developers of upstream Opensource projects tend to like regular
updates. How would you like it if you were part of a very small team and
allong one day comes a guy who you've heard from twice, who dumps tens or
hundreds of kb of code? What are you going to do with that code? Do you have
the time to check each and every last line for possible issues? Not likely.

And I don't think we should accept a large dump either.