Re: [AD] Porting Allegro to Haiku

On 2008-08-22, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note though that even once Allegro 5 is released, Allegro 4 won't be dropped
> (right away). Allegro 4 will continue to live on as Allegro 4.4 once the 4.3
> wip series is completed. So a port to Haiku for 4.3 wouldn't entirely be in
> vain. But a new 5.0 port would probably be more useful.

4.3 would definitely be useful and should only be a matter of fixing
bitrot.

A 4.9 port would be cool, but you might want to think about what you're
getting into.  The Mac OS X port is continually being broken because the
Windows and Unix/GLX ports keep rolling forward and we only have Peter
Hull to keep the Mac port up to date.  Just so you know...

Peter