Re: [AD] audio panning

On Mon, August 25, 2008 5:55 am, Peter Wang said:
> The kcm_audio interface currently does not support panning samples.
> With multi-channel audio it's not obvious how to add it, or even
> what it
> should do.  Do we place a sample on two axes, left-right and
> front-back,
> or even three?  Or do we simply let the user specify the relative
> scaling factors for each output channel?
>
> I'll look around at other libraries, too.

One thing I noticed when making the demo work with kcm is that the
"PLAYONCE" looping mode really meant play once. Well I sort of fixed
it. The sample will play again but only after the first instance has
completely finished. So I had to add in my generic "my_play_sample"
function a call to al_sample_stop(s) before al_sample_play(s). I'm
not really sure what should be done, but playing a sample more than
once should be supported.

Trent :{)>