Re: [AD] Timer patch

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 00:23 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2008-01-30, Ryan Dickie <goalieca@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I changed counter to double (only used internally to determine how long to
> > rest) but left count as long. There's no reason to touch it.
> >
> > Just to keep things organized i've attached two patches. The first
> > time.patch will change al_rest() and al_current_time() to doubles. I've also
> > moved the events.h timestamp change into there.  Also cleaned up the ^M's
> > and patches the latest wtime.c. The second patch 'periodic' will change the
> > periodic timer to double (windows version excluded).
> >
> > -- Ryan Dickie
>
> So the switch to doubles has been decided?  My first reaction was no, but the
> 1000/60 example is convincing.

Dunno, I took it off the topics list of
http://wiki.allegro.cc/Allegro_Hack_Day when seeing the discussion of
the patch here. And myself, I'm fine with using double everywhere :)
(But as one accidental commit showed, I also was half done with a patch
to use uint64_t and ns..)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>