Re: [AD] 4.3.10plus build system

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 16:47 +0100, Milan Mimica wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> >
> > jpgalleg is not maintained and broken on 64-bit system from what I
> > remember - so I'd say don't bother with it. A wrapper around libjpeg
> > would not be longer than loadpng (took me maybe 15 minutes to write one
> > when I needed jpeg support) and therefore a better approach.
>
> OK, I didn't know that. The nice thing about jpgalleg is that it doesn't
> have dependencies and has a suitable build system. But, unmaintained and
> broken, that's strong enough.

Probably it would not be hard to fix. But still, I think libjpeg is not
a strong dependency (easier to get then libpng as you don't need libz).
There's also alpng ( http://alpng.sourceforge.net/ ) which does not
depend on libpng or libz - but still, libpng/libjpeg are used by 1000ds
of projects and work, while the custom libaries alpng and jpgalleg just
have more potential to fail and then need maintanance (by allegro devs
if original authors are missing).

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>