Re: [AD] removing asm in 4.3.10

On Dec 28, 2007, at 11:05 PM, Milan Mimica wrote:
This will break the watcom build as it doesn't support ALLEGRO_USE_C, if anyone cares.

Probably not. If someone comes along and does they can fix it. ;)

Also, I assume that non-ASM version is generally less tested becasue it wasn't a default choice, so this change might have impact on allegro stability on some platforms.

Probably not too much. When build in 64-bit mode Allegro doesn't use the inline asm code except to query the CPU capabilities flag with CPUID, which reminds me, we may want to keep that information and related information at hand. Having a single function that calls CPUID isn't quite the same as using ASM code all over the code.
The MacOS X port also uses the C only version.

Evert